The Baroque Augustinian monastery in Česká Lípa was founded 1627; the complex included the Church of All Saints and a school. Due to the Thirty Years’ War and a founder’s death the monastery was completed in long 70 years (1698). Later, the loretto chapel was built. The monastery escaped abolition by Emperor Joseph’s warrant at the end of 18th century; nevertheless in 1950 abolition took place eventually. Since then on the place is used by the Museum of Local History and Art and Gallery in Česká Lípa.
The monastery complex includes a church, convent buildings, and a loretto chapel. The monastery itself is a simple three-wing building; in the west, adjacent to the monastery there is a four-wing ambit with corner chapels; Holy Steps form a part of the south wing. The Chapel of the Holy Trinity dated 1730 is probably the last important building built within the monastery premises. In the present times, the museum displays e.g. geological and mineralogical collections or presents local history, crafts (blacksmithing), and nature.
50° 41'10.692"N, 14° 32'3.443"E