- May, September - Út - Ne 9:00 - 16:00
- June - August - Út - Ne 9:00 - 17:00
- April, October - So, Ne 9:00 - 15:00 (min. 10 osob)
- children up to 6 years of age - 5 Kč
entrance fee - guided tour I.
- adults - 70 Czk
- children, students, pensioners - 40 Czk
- family - 180 Czk
- tour in a foreign language - 140 Czk
entrance fee - guided tour II.
- adults - 50 Czk
- children, students, pensioners - 30 Czk
- tour in a foreign language - 100 Czk
- number of tours - 2
- guided tour I. - hrad, 70 min.
- guided tour II. - hradní kuchyně, 60 min.
- night tour
- other expositions - výstava strašidel
- lease of the premises
- parking - 0,1 km
- guided tours reservation
Švihov castle is situated in the town of the same name, approximately 10km from Klatovy, in the Úhlava river valley. A fortress was first founded here at the beginning of the 14th century and a century later it was turned into a majestic castle. As many other castles, after the thirty-years-war it started to decay and became a ruin. In 1949 a large reconstruction was carried out and the castle regained its original appearance.
49° 28'44.198"N, 13° 17'8.404"E