The Jewish synagogue in Děčin is situated only a few hundred meters from the Děčin municipality part Podmokly. The synagogue’s origin is connected with the Jewish community there. A large financial collection was carried out in 1982 among the local businessmen. Eventually the synagogue was built and consecrated in 1907 by rabbi Max Freud. Services took place here until 1938. Even though Děčín was part of the Sudety the synagogue was not destroyed and survived the World War II. During the war it served as a storage place and later as an aircraft modeling workshop. Not much changed after the war either, the synagogue was turned into a district archive. The building was returned to the Jewish community in 1996.
50° 46'33.885"N, 14° 11'49.111"E