The Baroque chateau was built in 1790s when the castle Buchlov in vicinity was supposedly not comfortable enough for Eleonore, an Italian wife of the then owner Jan Dětřich of Petřvald. In 1710-38 so called ‘upper chateau’ was built opposite to the existing chateau, serving as a grange. In 1805, the chateau was used as military hospital and the stables hosted a manufacture. Both semi-circular buildings enclose a round yard with a stone fountain in the center. The chateau interiors offer e.g. eighteen Baroque, Rococo, and Neo-Baroque rooms, a music hall, a stucco-decorated salla terrena, and numerous curiosities; outside, French garden and English park with rare plants and statues and a pavilion hosting an exposition of fuchsias are open to the public. In the chateau various cultural events take place. There is a chateau sound recordings library, too, used for research purposes.
49° 5'2.753"N, 17° 20'15.459"E