- May, September - Út – Ne 10 – 17.hod.
- June - August - Út – Ne 10 – 18.hod.
- April, October - So, Ne 10 – 16. hod.
- last guided tour - 60 min. před ukončením provozu
- adults - 80 Czk
- children, students - 40 Czk
- pensioners - 60 Czk
- family - 200 Czk
- foreign language presentation - 120 Czk
- number of tours - 1
- lenght - 45 min..
- other expositions - muzeum a galerie (20Kč)
- max. number of visitors - 45
- barrier-free access - částečný
- parking - 0,1 km
- guided tours reservation
This neo-classical chateau is located in the town of Dačice in the Jindřichův Hradec region, South Bohemia. There are actually two chateaus: the Old chateau and the New one. The latter was built in renaissance style by the Krajíř family of Carinthia and completed in 1579. In 1728 it was rebuilt and refurnished in Baroque style by Heinrich Karl, prince of Ostein. Neo-classical appearance of the chateau dates back to 1830s. In 1945 the chateau was nationalized and in the present days it is maintained by the Czech National Office for the Preservation of Historical Monuments. Inside, visitors may enjoy an extensive collection of clocks, all going; an exceptionally large set of Empire furniture, and outstanding examples of Empire interior architecture: the hall with a staircase, the small library with 7,000 books and the large one with ca 17,000 various scientific volumes. Outside one can either take a rest in the court or go for a walk in the adjacent English park.
49° 4'51.673"N, 15° 26'15.954"E