The Jewish Cemetery is situated in the Nezamyslova street in the Brno part Židenice. With 3ha it is the largest cemetery in Moravia. The cemetery was founded in 1852 and extended in 1911 and 1936. It served its purpose during the World War II, 776 people were buried here during the war. Nowadays there are about 11 000 graves ith 9 000 tomb stones. One of the best preserved graves belongs to the famous Czech writer Hugo Hass (1901-1968). At the cemetery there is a monument dedicated to the 13 000 victims of holocaust and a ceremonial chamber. It is open daily except Saturday.
49° 11'29.752"N, 16° 38'34.837"E